Adding good quality relevant images onto pages of your church website will increase visual interest. Below we list some great places to source images. To use their images you need to comply with the terms and conditions for each image.
Free Online Photo Editors
Where to get Royalty Free Photos
Photo Release Form
An image release form is required when the image (of a person or persons) will be used specifically for advertising and promoting purposes. If the persons in the photo are the focus of the image to help sell the product, promote a ministry, or advertise for a special upcoming event, you definitely need a photo release form.
We’ve created a Photo Release for you to use. Simply open the PDF, type in the missing information, and print it.
Download the Photo Release Form
Terms to Know
There are some terms that you should understand before using any free images. Here are the most important terms when looking and using free images. Please take the time to read over these terms to avoid any embarrassing and potential legal issues.
- Royalty-Free: Royalty-free images aren’t always free. In many cases, you will need to pay a fee to obtain the rights to use the image. Then you can use the image as many times as you wish. The free part of “royalty-free” simply means that for each time you use the image you do not need to also pay a small royalty
- Creative Commons: You can use these images for free since the artist has waived their rights to their work. However, always review the terms before publishing these images.
- Public Domain: If any image was created in the United States prior to 1923 then they’re part of the public domain. This means that you’re allowed to copy, modify, or distribute these images without permission.
- Attribution: You can use these images as long as you give credit to the author.
- Commercial Use: You’re permitted to use royalty-free images for any type of business venture.
- Membership: Some sites require you to sign-up to the site in order to use the royalty-free images. Some sites will also charge you for membership.