With User Accounts, several people can contribute to the website. Each person can have a separate account with unique settings and preferences. User accounts control what type of changes can be made on the website.
Start by going to the Users icon in the dark gray menu on the left side of the screen.
Administrator – Has full access to the site, no restrictions on content or design. Changes to the site are immediately displayed. The Admin level is able to add users, set page and user level access.
Viewer– This is just a user with a login. They can't edit anything on the website but can see pages that have been set to have viewer level permissions or higher.
Contributor– This user level has the ability to edit specific pages and work specific parts of the site if an administrator sets permissions and privileges to have access to these areas.
Correspondent– User has no login to the site. This is just an for biographical data and such as guest speakers.
To add a new user click on the icon. This will take you to the page where you can add and manage all the users on your site. You can add a new user by clicking on the Add User button in the top right hand corner.
The Name (both first and last) are required.
This field is required if the user level is set to Viewer, Contributor, or Administrator. The email address needs to be valid and this email address will also be the user’s ID to log in with. The email address needs to be complete: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The choice of Correspondent will also include the option (not required) to add biographical information that can be displayed when the user is added as a Media Item "Presenter".
Contributors will need specific "Page Edit Access" and/or "Permissions" set so that they can contribute.
- Page Edit Access allows the Admin to give access to a specific page(s) of the website. All children of that page (current and future) will also be included. More than one page can be included by clicking the Plus sign and adding another page to the list.
- Permissions grant editing rights to specific Admin functions. For example, a Contributor could be given Permissions to manage a Blog, or the Calendar, or your Store, without having been given any specific "Page Access".
- Setting the "Permission" of "Page" will give the Contributor the ability to edit all pages.
Reset a User Password
To reset a users password in a users account, click on the Reset Password button to send a password reset link to the email address associated with their account. From there they can click the link and enter in a new password and log in.
Reset Your Own Password
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click User Login/Customize.
- Enter your email and password. Click Login.
Enter your email address (email@example.com) and the password you created for yourself. If you can’t remember your password, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the User Login/Customize button. Click any of the Lost Password, Reset Password, or Send one-time login link options and enter your email address. You will receive an email with instructions to help you log in again. Be sure to check your spam or junk mail folders.
Get a Password
Don't have a password but you have been asked to help or take over the website? Contact us and we'll help get you the access you are authorized to have.